Easy Food Prep Plan!
Jul 30, 2020
by Cindee Henderson
Easy Food Prep Plan
- Wash and cut veggies for salads and snacks like cucumbers, carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower
- Wash, dry and cut kale, spinach or other dark greens for salads
- Parboil green beans, broccoli and cauliflower for 3-4 minutes then stop the cooking by putting in an ice bath, drain and store.
- Steam sautee veggies like cabbage, brussel sprouts, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, dark leafy greens, broccoli, bok choy, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, eggplant and cauliflower
- Roast vegetables like sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, turnips, beets, brussels, pumpkin, acorn and butternut squash
- Wash, cut and store fruit so it’s ready to grab and eat every 3-4 days.
- Wash berries same day of use or they go bad quickly.
- Store some on the counter so it’s readily available.
- Cook a batch or two of beans in a slow cooker or on the stovetop (can use canned instead)
- Cook ground meat with simple seasoning like salt, pepper and garlic (can add additional seasoning or sauces later depending on what you want - italian, mexican, asian, etc.)
- Cook chicken thighs seasoned with salt and pepper
- Cook seafood the day before or day of using it
- Hard boil eggs
- Make greek yogurt parfaits
- Cook up a bunch of grains to use during the week, such as quinoa, barley or wild rice.
- Cook oatmeal or steel cut oats for breakfasts
- Roast sweet potato, pumpkin, acorn squash or butternut squash
- Wash and cut fresh herbs
- Simple vinaigrette: 1/2C Olive Oil, 4T Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar, 1-2t Dijon, salt, garlic and herbs if you like
- Soy or teriyaki sauce
- Spices like cumin, chili powder, curry powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, granulated garlic, chinese five spice powder, coriander, cinnamon, etc