EASY NUTRITION TIPS
- STOP DIETING…. Put good fuel into your body by ADDING IN what you need NOT taking it away. No more calorie restricted diets or counting points!
- DRINK WATER…. Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water.
- EAT A CLEAN DIET.... Stick to food as close to it’s natural form as you can and is processed or refined as little as possible.
- EAT YOUR VEGETABLES…. Eat a colorful variety at every meal. There is such a wonderful variety you are bound to find some you like. One serving = 1 cup raw or ½ cup cooked.
- EAT YOUR FRUIT…. Eat 3-4 servings a day to curb your sugar cravings and fill you up. One serving = a medium sized fruit or ½ cup of berries.
- EAT PROTEIN…. Eat quality, low fat protein with every meal to fill you up and keep you satisfied. The palm of your hand = one serving. (Guys can have 2 at each meal)
- EAT HEALTHY FATS…. Find them by eating whole foods such as seeds, nuts, avocados, whole eggs, meats, fish, olive and flaxseed oil. Avoid hydrogenated or trans fats.
- CARBS AFTER YOUR WORKOUT…. If you want to lose fat, limit your carb intake to within 2 hours after your workout.
- LIMIT SIMPLE CARBS…. Avoid sugary simple carbs. Fill up on whole grains.
- DON’T DRINK YOUR CALORIES…. Drink water, black coffee, or tea. Avoid juice, fancy coffee drinks, sodas, and alcohol which are filled with empty calories.
- EAT EVERY 3-4 HOURS… Maintains blood sugar levels, prevents blood sugar crashes and overeating.
- PLAN AND PREPARE…. Plan your snacks and meals. Prep by chopping lots of veggies and pre-cooking proteins and grains so you can quickly put a meal together!
- 90/10 RULE…. Follow these rules 90% of the time for the best results.
BOTTOM LINE: Nutrition accounts for 75% of your results.
Your Friend & Coach,